Monday, March 25, 2013

Fun Finnish Fact #3


I have realized that I have been slacking on my Fun Finnish Facts. Mainly because I stopped going to my Finnish class and no longer have great stories from my not so amazing teacher…opps! I promise it wasn’t because I didn’t want to or because my teacher and I weren’t seeing eye-to-eye, but simply because I wasn’t there! I have been having a blast at some conferences during this month (more to come in other posts) and haven’t spent much time in Jyväskylä!

But that leads me to maybe my favorite Finnish fact- I love Finland!  Everywhere I go, people ask about what Finland is like.  I get this huge grin and start in all the things I love about Finland.  Usually these words are included: peaceful, quiet, efficient, responsive, kind, beautiful…. I can go on an on about this incredible country.  But I think my favorite part about the conversation is the moment when I take a breath from my running list of great things and people have this look that says, “really?!” It is the very same look I get when I give a similar list of amazing things about Idaho. People don’t know, because people don’t go. I couldn’t be more grateful that I am in Finland and that this experience is all about a place (much like Idaho) that people forget to think about and are consistently surprised to find out about. 

Who wouldn’t love this place?












No comments:

Post a Comment