Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Friend's Day

Today has been one great Valentine's Day!  In Finland, it translates to Friend's Day and that is a holiday I can get on board with! 



I got to hang out with kids in a junior high today and was greeted with hugs from several young ladies of grade 9 at Vaajakoski School.  They were giving out free hugs in celebration of the day and very curious about American customs in schools around Valentine's Day.  They decided they like the Finnish way better and couldn't agree more!

Then I got treated to an afternoon performance.  Granted it was in Finnish, but it was a story anyone would recognize. 


Girl meets a sweet boy.

Girl meets a bad boy.

Girl chooses boy that is not good for her.

Girl gets in fight with friends.

Girl gets nice guy in the end.



The best part was the live band played the soundtrack to the show with two very brave girls singing the love songs.



And as ALWAYS, I got a very special valentine in the mail from my parents!  
The cherry on top was going out to dinner with a new friend and eating maybe the best meal I have had since I got here.  Yummy!








Can you guess what it is?









I feel all the love and friendship this day is meant to be full of!  
And I hope that each of you feel the same today and everyday :)

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I'll guess. Is it grilled reindeer steak, gravy, parsnip puree, roasted potatoes, roasted carrots, with mung bean sprouts?

    ReplyDelete