Monday, March 11, 2013

I Slept in a Fancy Igloo!

For my winter holiday, I went north to Oulu and Kemi with other Fulbrighters Laurie, Amanda, Janet and our fearless Finn Marianna.  I am going to let the pictures speak for themselves about this trip- it was amazing!!  We got to snowmobile to an island, sleep in a snow castle, eat on a table made of ice and have enough laughs lasts to get us through the remaining cold winter days. 



Amanda and Janet built that fire!  Whoohoo!
What you see under Amanda's feet is the frozen Baltic Sea!  Crazy!

























Do you sense a theme?  



There is an air guitar competition in the summer- Amanda
and I thought we should practice!








Good night!
Just so you know, I was warm and toasty in my two sleeping bags.
But that was after I had to get up and go to the bathroom in the middle of the night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment